Thursday, May 15, 2014

Island Hopping

Wake up
Sunblock, bikini, flip flops? Check.
Beach! Read. Tan. Snooze. Swim. Snooze. Read. 
Banana shake. Pad thai/fried rice/curry.
Maybe drinks on the beach. Possibly dance. 
Which island should I go to next? Should I go tomorrow or the next day? 
Ill sleep on it.

Repeat.

That's basically been my life for the past 3 weeks. There have been some long days of travel, lots of planning the last (eek!) month of my trip, and many mosquito bites, but overall, life has been pretty good. And hot!

There's only so many ways to describe beach/island life, but just some highlights:

-Day boat trips to snorkel and check out small islands 
-Meeting some really wonderful people 
-Visiting Maya Bay, where they filmed The Beach. Sadly Leo wasn't there, and it's jam packed with hordes of tourists, but still beautiful!
-Full Moon party last night and watching the sun rise over the beach (while hundreds of people did the YMCA--quite a sight).
-Having dinner with an English friend of mine who I haven't seen in 2 years. We just happened to be on the same island at the same time. Small world!

I've also been planning a jam packed itinerary for my short time in NY in June, so I'm getting excited for that! Time is flying!!

Tonight I head to Malaysia! Thailand has been incredible, but I'm ready for the next stamp in my passport! 

No comments:

Post a Comment